Saturday, June 2, 2012

Unscripted sketches #161



Happy Saturday everyone (although I am not so happy, after being so busy the last few months its finally caught up with me... and not to mention it was my hubby's birthday yesterday and I may have had the odd drink or two) and welcome to my take on this weeks sketch at Unscripted Sketches.


 I got some happy mail during the week from Studio Calico and thought I would use some of the fun stuff to create this weeks sketch.  I have changed the sketch a little and decided to create a pocket  which holds a tag full of birthday greetings (I decided that this would be my husbands birthday card as well so I may put a gift card or money in the pocket) and then stitched a border in place of the rectangle borders as shown on the sketch.


Got to play with some of Heidi Swapp's "color magic letter box alphas" and I love them.  I coloured mine using Mister Huey's "dewey" color mists.  These are so easy to colour and heaps of fun.  Might just need to get some more.


... and of course it had to have a banner.

Hope you enjoyed my take on this weeks sketch, pop on over to Unscripted Sketches and check out the other amazing projects from the design team.  We would love it if you would play along with us, so link up and share your take.

Enjoy your weekend.
love me :-)

3 comments:

scrapbaby! said...

Lovin this card! A great take on the sketch. The pocket for the sentiment is great, and gotta love those banners!

SmilynStef said...

Love all of those fun elements ... what a great card.

Patrice said...

Love that banner!