Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Gift card giving...

I don't know about you but I find buying birthday presents for teenagers a tough job.  L
ately my go to present has been gift cards. 
Itunes cards are definately a winner but I have found lately that movie gift cards are a great option as well. 
But its not all that fun wrapping (or unwrapping for that matter) a gift card however a recent purchase from PTI has fixed all that.
Its the perfect solultion... a gift card holder!


 and whats even better is that I can make a card to match.  Too cute.



I kept the whole design pretty simple because as usual I left it to last minute... actually started making it 30 minutes before we were due to leave LOL.


Actually this whole set was made mostly of die cuts and some quick easy stamping.

So what do you buy teenagers?  ...always looking for cool ideas.

My task tonight - to do some serious catchup on Project Life... wish me well.
love me  :-)

4 comments:

Linda said...

Ooo very nice. Tell me, do you then put the gift card holder in a envy or give it as is?

Linda said...

Yay you got rid of that letter thingy when you post.

dawn said...

Hi Tracey,

I LOOOOOVE THIS SOOOOO MUCH!! Remember these were my favorite colors a short time ago, I love these together and those flowers are the same from the other day. OH I love love those flowers.

What a cute idea to have a GC holder matching the card, how sweet is that.

I'm going to try and make my mom a mother's day card since she loved that one for her bday last month. Will let you know how it goes and show it to you when done. I'm thinking kraft/white because those colors ROCK and maybe a hint of pink to soften it up but who knows,lol???!!

Don't even get me started on teenage gifts, they want expensive things or giftcards. If it's for a girl, we do little gift bags filled with girlie things or artsy things. Haven't had to buy for a teenage boy yet but some like clothes/music/hats/ games/ gift cards or how about giftcards to food places, boys like to eat right. Hope these help.

HOORAY HOORAY FOR PROJFECT LIFE, I MISS YOURS SO MUCH, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT AGAIN!! Good luck and remember to just enjoy the process.

HUGS!!

dawn said...

p.s. thanks for visiting my blog!! Love seein your comments!! I did a special layout today using something from you, will be showing it later. Enjoy your week.