Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Just add numbers...

There is no escaping reality, as soon as the holiday is over its time for reality to start and for routine to get back into full swing.
As you know we got back from holidays on Saturday night and after a good nights sleep it was time to get back into daily life on Sunday.  You know the usual, unpacking, washing, ironing etc ...
and a birthday party to go to.  Yes my Son had a party to go to Sunday afternoon and that meant I needed a birthday card and as usual I had no boy cards in my stash so I had to make a card.
Seriously this was the last thing I wanted to do but it couldn't be avoided.
So this is what I came up with.

 I had to keep the desgin simple purely for the time factor.  I don't know about you but I find male cards quite hard to do.  My son is not so little anymore so I find that "cute" cards don't really make the cut anymore and so they need to be a bit more "with it" and a little less embarrasing... according to my son anyway.

 
I stuck with kraft cardstock (my favourite) and added just a hint of red and blue.  I used my cuttlebug to cut out random numbers from kraft cardstock and blue cardstock.  And of course I couldn't resist adding a little banner.

All in all I was quite happy with the end result given the small amount of time that I had.  Now if I was a clever girl I would remake this card several times ready for the next birthday.  Nah! that would take all the pressure away and whats the fun in that.

Thanks for stopping by.
Love me :-)

4 comments:

Linda said...

I'd be happy with it as well. This would suit any male any age. I will just have to copy it.
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoxx

dawn said...

Love this idea and that cute banner. I think it's just right for a nine year old, how sweet you are to make them for your kids. I bet these moms think your the coolest!!

Hope you guys are doing well on your first week back home.

Ashley said...

Love the simplicity and cleverness of it! Thanks for sharing :)

suzitee said...

Nice design Tracey...