Friday, October 1, 2010

My new venture...

Welcome to my brand new creative venture...
Stampin'  Up!
I love these products and have been using them for years so decided it was time to become a demonstrator. It was a tough decision to give up my teaching role at Tomorrow's Memories and just as tough to decide to take on something else.
But here I am and ready for hire LOL.
Over the coming months Iwill be making changes and adding stuff to my blog so check back often.
I am working on some workshops and blog classes and can't wait to share.
The first blog class will be right here starting December 1... more info soon.
Have a great day.
I will be adding some projects later today, let me know what you think...
...
love me :-)
...
Project #1  -  Circle Garland
 Circle punches are one of the best tools you can own.
They are vry versatile and more than just a circle or the centre of a flower.
I made this paper garland mobile in just a few hours.
I covered my embroidery hoop with strips of ripped white cotton and wrapped it around the hoop.
Next I fed various size circles through my sewing machine to make the gardland part.
Then, hung the garlands over the hoop then added some brown paper flowers to the hoop.
Everything that I attached to the hoop can be taken off, I didn't stick anything down permanently (which is good because I need my hoop for another project) so it makes a great temporary decoration but it doesn't look temporary.
Stampin' Up ! Materials used:-
119850 - 1 3/4" circle extra large punch
119860 - 1 3/8"circle large punch
119861 - 1 1/4" circle large punch
118073 - Fancy flower extra large punch
117392 - Blueberry Crisp 12 x 12 designer serious paper
Other
Sewing machine, embroidery hoop, white cotton fabric
Hope you enjoyed this little project...
check back later today for more cute little projects.
Love me :-)...

Project #2 - brown paper flowers

I thought it would be cute to decorate the cubby house, it kind of reminds me of a little cottage.
The circle garland was just perfect and the brown paper flowers too cute.
When a Stampin' Up! order arrives it is wrapped in brown paper I thought it would be a waste to throw it out so I made some flowers.  I have used the Fancy Flower Extra large punch, punched out about 4 flowers and stuck them together.  The top two flowers I scrunched up before sticking them down.
I then cut a circle out of some white cotton fabric, frayed the edges and made this the centre of my flower.

The yellow apron is one of my Great Grandmothers hand made aprons.
I feel so thankful to be given such a treasure.
Hope you have enjoyed these little projects.
Check back often as I would love to share some more,
its no fun if you can't share with anyone...
Enjoy your weekend.
Love me :-)

6 comments:

Sharon Manning said...

Congratulations Tracey! I know you will do well with this - good luck!

suzitee said...

WOOOHOOOO! Congratulations chickie...look forward to seeing what gorgeous stuff you make with SU! Love it!

Amanda said...

Congratulations Tracey ... look out world here she comes !!! xxx

Linda said...

ooo it looks like you hired a professional style guru/photographer to take these shots.Love the flowers,cant wait to see what is next.
xx

Becky Shander said...

I'm happy to see you having all this fun...congratulations!

Jewls said...

Wishing you ggod luck in your new business, Tracey.
I know who to ring to get SU stuff now :)